The UK Government G-Cloud is an initiative targeted at easing procurement by public-sector bodies in departments of the United Kingdom Government of commodity information technology services that use cloud computing. The G-Cloud consists of:
- A series of framework agreements with suppliers, from which public sector organisations can buy services without needing to run a full tender or competition procurement process
- An online store – the "Digital Marketplace" (previously "CloudStore") that allows public sector bodies to search for services that are covered by the G-Cloud frameworks
The Framework allows public sector organisations to choose commodity based, pay-as-you go cloud services, cutting short the typically lengthy government tender process. All services are available via an online catalogue, called the Digital Marketplace
TheCloud9 have been successful in their G-Cloud 8 application to provide services to public sector agencies, using a centralised procurement framework.
TheCloud9 will provide services in the following categories:
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- Platform as a service (PaaS)
- Software as a service (SaaS)
TheCloud9 have are endeavoured to providing excellent customer service and have helped many public sector organisations move over to the cloud. Our services provide a cost effective approach to manage your technology, that is scalable, flexible and responsive.